Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav Defends Cancelling Batgirl

Publish date: 2024-06-20

David Zaslav is addressing the controversial cancellation of Batgirl, as well as Scoob!: Holiday Haunt.

The Warner Bros. Discovery CEO spoke about their decision during the Warner Bros. company earnings call on Thursday (August 4).

The company axed the Leslie Grace-starring Batgirl earlier in the week, which the directors said they were “saddened and shocked” about in a statement.

Click inside to read more…

“We’re not going to launch a movie until it’s ready,” he said during the call.

“We’re not going to go to movie to make a quarter and we’re not we are not going to release a movie. And we’re not going to put a movie out unless we believe in it.”

The $90 million budget movie was reportedly shelved due to leadership’s strategic shift. Check out their statement.

Leslie Grace spoke out with a statement of her own about the cancellation.

ncG1vNJzZmhqZGy7psPSmqmorZ6Zwamx1qippZxemLyue8Snq56qpJa2r7nEp6tor5Gnu6a%2BjJupqKtdmba0r86vnKuxXZiysHnDmq2inF2vrrS4wK9knZ2Wmrulv4ycmKeblaG5qrrGZpmarJeev617